Tuesday 2 April 2024

Mercury Retrograde in Aries 2024 - Flowing with the planets

 

We are yet in another period of Mercury retrograde from 2nd April, back in direct motion on 26th April.

I won't go into the usual dos and don'ts of Mercury retrograde periods.  I'm sure you can find those easily on other sources, or even from my earlier posts!  I want to talk about something else that have been on my mind weeks leading up to the messenger god traversing backwards......

When we look at transits, we often think that because of x aspects, we expect y events to happen.  If we don't like the aspect, we think of ways to overcome the unwanted effects.  Of course, it is not possible, like the approach of a typhoon, we cannot run away from it.  

So if we cannot escape from it, the next best thing is to go along with it.

However, if the aspect is terrible (dare I use that word, even though we are taught that nothing is truly bad), how do we go along with it?

For example, with Mercury retrograding in Aries, can we ruminate (retrograde) on the prospect of changing the way we think (mercury)?  Perhaps more courageously/assertively/action-oriented? (Aries)

Anything that have been put on the backburner can now be brought back to the fore (retrograde) for further examination.  Anything new that you desire to launch can be pushed to the back for the time being.  I now see this as a way of flowing with the planets.  If the message is to research, to revise, to rethink, then why not do just that instead of pushing forward with new ventures?  

I recently have come across someone who started a new business venture during a Mercury retrograde and also Venus retrograde, but the business isn't doing well.  I'm not saying not to go ahead with the opening during that period, but to use that period for deep research into the local market instead of plunging right in.  And contrary to what I hear about natives with Mercury and Venus retrogrades natally do well during those periods, no, my friend was also born under both of those retrogrades!

I have another friend with a Gemini 2nd house.  Jupiter will enter it at the end of May.  She's likely to be spending a lot (especially that Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini).  So it's better to spend it on something which is worthwhile to her.  It turns out that she's planning to travel overseas (instead of buying an expensive bag or watch).

For myself, I have transiting Saturn conjunct my natal Sun.  I could moan about all the obstacles put before me.  I could get depressed and feel sorry for myself.  I could crumble under the pressure of life.  Or I could discipline myself steadily.  I could steadily build up my confidence.  I could explore ways to allow my inner self to shine....the list goes on.  To couple with Mercury retrograde, I plan to discipline myself to read at least one of those astrology books, which have been sitting on my bookshelf for the past decade.

How will you flow with the current planetary alignments?  

Image from Canva.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowing with Venus in Taurus and Mars in Aries

A shift of energy is likely to be felt with the planet of love and the planet of action in dignity.   As we are on the 3rd degree of Taurus,...