Sunday 13 April 2008

Angelic Protection

On my 22nd birthday, Athena - my predecessor on the JET programme, introduced me to Doreen Virtue's Angel cards. I had fun posing many questions to the oracle cards and listened to Athena telling me about 'sending positive energy out to the universe'. It all seemed too abstract at the time. I didn't think too much of it until two years later, a series of unhappy events led me to question about the meaning of life. Why do some people get all the luck and success, leaving others with trauma and suffering? I then recalled Athena's Angel cards and decided to check-out Doreen's website.

I found Doreen's spiritual teaching very soothing to the soul. In particular, I liked the sound of learning through peace instead of pain, a concept very alien to me as I used to be an advocate of 'No Pain, No Gain!'. I wanted to find out more so I got hold of a few of her books. One of them being 'The Lightworkers' Way'. I devoured them in the space of a weekend - I simply could not put them down! The spiritual concepts she discussed in her books seemed too far-fetched and way too unrealistic for me. If you think positively, good things will be attracted to you - life can't be that simple - or can it? Since I had nothing to lose and everything to gain, I thought I might as well give the angels a chance. Afterall, if it didn't work out, I could always go back to my old ways of thinking.

Five years on, I'm still invoking angelic guidance in different areas of my life. I have learned to be calmer, to think more positively and be more comfortable in my own skin. I trust my intuition more and find it easier to let go of patterns and bahaviours which no longer serve me. I've had my ups and downs, and there were times when I thought the angels have left me! But I know that your angels are always with you. We are all here to learn various life lessons. There will be times when we feel out-of-balanced by life's challenges. When I encounter disagreeable people, I try to identify what it is that I find annoying in that person, because that person is merely mirroring a part of me that I need to work on. This may sound impossible but the answer is to send positive energy to that person (instead of thinking evil thoughts!)

Thank you Athena for bringing the angels to me:)

4 comments:

  1. sending positive energy is so hard... I still find myself constantly having 'evil thoughts'. I think I need to find something to focus on and represent as a positive energy... so that whenever that person talks to me i can think about an object and not on that person.... do u think it will help? any suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Wendy, I'm the same, though I find it easier now to eradicate negative/evil thoughts as quickly as possible. My yoga teacher once said 'Underneath anger, there's pain', so every time someone angers me, I ask myself - why? More often than not, there's unresolved issues lurking deep within our psyche.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believer you used little ole me in your blog! I am honored! I am also late noticing it! I love the way you write and you have great wisdom and a very calming way about you! GO MAXINE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should've really consulted you before posting your pic on my blog but I just couldn't help myself. You have been a very influential and important person in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Lunar Eclipse in Libra 2024

A lunar eclipse is an extra powerful full moon.  During this time, keep your emotions under reins as eclipses have a way of ruffling up your...