Saturday 31 December 2011

The Energy of 2012 - Uranus

Uranus, the planet of the unexpected, takes 84 years to orbit around all 12 signs of the zodiac.  In 2012, it will pass over Aries at 0 degrees 51 minutes to 8 degrees 33 minutes.  

Uranus first entered fiery Aries for 2 months between 28th May and 13th August 2010.  It left Pisces completely on 11th March 2011 and will stay in Aries until 15th May 2018.  Just to complicate matters, it will revisit Aries for about 4 months from 7th November 2018 and leaves Aries for good on 5th March 2019.

With Uranus, expect the unexpected.  If you can think of it, then Uranus can take it one step further.  This planet demands freedom and independence.  Once your planets get zapped by its electrifying energy, life will not be the same again.  As with other transits, you can choose to fight against it or flow with it, or in this case, shake with it.......

On a global level, Uranus in Aries symbolises an increase in sudden violence, which has already started with riots breaking out in various parts of the world.

The house(s) that Uranus transits in can give us clues as to what kind of unpredictable events may occur to you in the next 7.5 years.  However, birth chart analysis is not that simple.  Besides looking at the planets residing in the house that Uranus transits in, we also need to consider the aspects to those planets and their rulerships too.

In 2012, Aries born between 20th-30th March (also those on the Pisces/Aries cusp) will have their Sun conjunct Uranus.  Libra born between 22nd September to 3rd October (also those on the Virgo/Libra cusp) will have their Sun oppose Uranus.  Capricorn born between 21st to 31st December (also those on the Sagittarius/Capricorn cusp) and Cancer born between 20th June to 1st July (also those on the Gemini/Cancer cusp) will have Uranus square their Sun.  These 4 cardinal signs are likely to experience Uranus in a stronger and more 'in your face' way than Aquarius (19th - 30th January, plus those on the Capricorn/Aquarius cusp), Gemini (20th - 31st May, including those on the Taurus/Gemini cusp), Leo (22nd July to 2nd August, and those born on the Cancer/Leo cusp) and Sagittarius (21st November to 1st December, plus those born on Scorpio/Sagittarius cusp).

Rebellious Uranus sends an earthquake through your system and breaks down old beliefs, values and routines.  You may feel awakened and excited to start something new that is being presented to you.  You could find a new job, start a new relationship or move on to a new place of residence.  There is a sense of wanting to break out of your everyday routine and do something completely different.  

Since I just had almost all of my significant planets electrocuted by Uranus while it was in Pisces for the last 7.5 years, I thought it would be more insightful to share that with you instead of analysing all the separate Uranus transits.

With the Pisces ingress, Uranus had conjunct my Mars 3 times, oppose my Saturn 3 times, conjunct my Sun once, oppose my North Node 3 times, square my Neptune 3 times and inconjunct my ASC and Pluto 3 times each.  My Sun oppose Saturn and the North Node natally and square Neptune too, so in effect, my Sun was activated by Uranus' hard aspects 10 times in total.  Thanks to my natal Sun trine Uranus aspect and also the softer Uranus transits (sextile to my Moon, MC and Chiron 3 times and trine my Uranus 3 times), I live to tell the tale........so what happened in the past 7.5 years?

In a nutshell, I was trained as a primary school teacher, thinking the certification would set me up for life (or until retirement anyway).  I loved the work but I kept on getting the 'trapped' feeling.  I didn't understand it at the time and got rather restless - even though I wasn't clear about the road ahead, I just knew I couldn't allow myself to stay where I was.  All in all, during this period, I resigned 3 times, worked in 3 different places of employment and relocated to a different country once.  Whilst overseas, I moved house once.  

I'm now at a place where my Sun waves goodbye to Uranus and it waits, with trepidation, for Neptune's arrival....

Where is Uranus shaking in your chart?

Image: dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunar Eclipse in Libra 2024

A lunar eclipse is an extra powerful full moon.  During this time, keep your emotions under reins as eclipses have a way of ruffling up your...