Sunday 7 June 2009

Stand Your Ground

Arthur Schopenhauer's quote I'm sharing with everyone this week has given me some food for thought:

All truth passes through three stages - 

First, it is ridiculed;
Second,  it is violently opposed;
And third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Just over a decade ago, it would be ludicrous to suggest that stress can affect our physical health.  Once upon a time, it was heretical to even think that earth wasn't in the centre of the universe and that we could be related to gorillas and baboons.  Furthermore, God used to live on the clouds until mortals extended their mode of transport to the firmament and discovered 'the man upstairs' must have moved somewhere else.  I'm sure you can think of many more examples where ridiculous ideas have become a part of our daily routine.

The more I practise The Secret, the more I am convinced of its ability to shape our lives.  Of course, 'Cosmic Ordering', 'Positive Affirmations', 'Angeltherapy' are all part of the same idea - that we send out to the universe our wishes.  I wonder if our future would incorporate these practices as part of our daily life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowing with Moon in Leo

  I don't know about you, but for the past 2.5 days, while the moon was traversing in Cancer, it hadn't been easy for me personally....