Saturday 22 August 2009

The Power Game


Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. once said 'A moment's insight is sometimes worth a lifetime's experience.'

I could not agree more.

Earlier this week, I trekked all the way to Lamma Island to see my spiritual friend Jacqui.  I still find it a miracle to have met another reiki practitioner outside the reiki circle and in Hong Kong of all places!  Having been here for a year now, I am finding this place vibrationally low so to become acquainted with Jacqui is a real god-send.

During my visit, we talked about best friends in our lives.  I mentioned that Suni, my spiritual sister whom I met while working in Japan, was someone I felt totally comfortable in disclosing my secrets to.  I never worry about being judged by her at all.  Jacqui said it was because Suni and I were at peace with one another.  Neither one of us felt the need to out-do the other.  In essence, we are at equilibrium in terms of our personal power.  Such simple words, but all of a sudden, I felt a big knot in my physical body being untied.  In the past few years, I have been enmeshed in many power struggles with quite a number of individuals.  Having the tendency to assign meaning to my encounters, I attributed those experiences as important life lessons - which they were, however, the fact that I kept on being caught-up in those kinds of situations meant that I still had to make sense of the purpose behind them.  Is it to make me more assertive?  More tolerant?  More forgiving?  More confident?  Perhaps it's all of the above.   Thinking back to my previous power struggle episodes, I've identified 'insecurity' and 'jealousy' as the main reasons for my opponents' attacks.  Since they were supposed to be mirroring my internal state, I also have to watch-out for times when I get insecure and feel jealousy bubbling in my psyche.  Thanks to Jacqui's insightful words, I now know how to step out of the boxing-ring and not fight with all my might.  Instead, I should just step inside the eye of the hurricane and isolate the calmness within myself and use the Universal energy of love to transmute and redress the power imbalance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunar Eclipse in Libra 2024

A lunar eclipse is an extra powerful full moon.  During this time, keep your emotions under reins as eclipses have a way of ruffling up your...