Sunday 6 December 2009

Dead End

I was walking home with my cousins one night after a barbecue.  Despite being on unfamiliar grounds, I was, somehow, taking the lead and walking ahead of everyone.  

'Turn right here,' one of my cousins called out behind me.

I turned right and found myself staring at a long and dark alleyway with a wall at the end of it.  

'It's a dead end!'  I replied.

'Just keep walking and you'll see a sharp turning on your left,' my cousin explained.

Unconvinced, I remained rooted to the ground.  I could not possibly imagine how another road could branch off from this narrow passageway.

'Trust me!'  my cousin continued.

I took one tentative step forward, then another, all the while thinking 'This is silly, it's a dead end.....'  then all of a sudden, a side lane appeared on my left!

'Told you!'

Life is the same.  Sometimes you may go through a phase in your life where you feel/think you are approaching an obvious dead end.  But unbeknown to you, there is a way out - you may not be able to see it yet, but it is there.  All you need to do is to trust the Universe that it won't forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowing with the Full Moon in Scorpio 2024

 A powerful full moon occurs at 4 degrees Scorpio on 23rd April 2024 at 7:48am HK time (00:48 BST). The modern ruler of this full moon, Plut...