Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Chinese New Year

This year's Chinese New Year coincides with St. Valentine's Day, which will occur again in 38 years.  The year of the tiger ushers in a vibrant air of independence, and since it overlaps Valentine's Day, it reinforces the message of love - not just the romantic kind, but that love begins with loving yourself and fully accepting the self.  

'How could you expect others to love you when you can't love yourself?'  I'm sure you have heard this being uttered numerous times before, but besides this handy piece of advice, loving life itself is equally important.  When you wake up every morning, do you groan because it's the start of another day or do you rejoice because it's the start of another day?  You may feel the former because life is getting dull and monotonous, perhaps you have set yourself in a lifeless routine? An injection of surprise could do the trick.  You could consider trying something different from normal, no matter how simple, from wearing that piece of jewellery/garment saved for a 'special occasion' (though I personally believe that everyday is special) to trying a new kind of food.  To be honest, I'm still not doing the latter 100% but I'm working towards it.  I like to give my gratitude to the Universe for another new day.  I find it energising to give thanks to the simplicity of life, which most people overlook and take for granted.  Watching the news, we see reports of people losing their lives in train crashes, earthquakes etc.  No man is an island, the lost of these lives have repercussions on the loved ones they leave behind. Their lives are hitherto altered completely and utterly. Therefore, every morning, I find it a great blessing to wake up to a safe environment.  I also like to list out all the things that I'm grateful for in my life, e.g, my home, my family, my friends, my job, and then I wrap it all up with Louise Hay's affirmation 'I'm open and receptive to all the good and abundance in the Universe, thank you life.'

Lam Tsuen Wishing Tree, Tai Po, Hong Kong.  What is your wish for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowing with Moon in Leo

  I don't know about you, but for the past 2.5 days, while the moon was traversing in Cancer, it hadn't been easy for me personally....