Monday 3 September 2012

Virgo - Pisces Polarity: The Connection between Mind, Body and Spirit

Cosmic Potential Astrology Virgo Pisces Polarity
I'm an avid fan of Louise Hay's work on the connection between mental thoughts and physical ailments. I have already blogged about this years ago when I was suffering from hives for over 8 months and NOTHING worked - conventional medicine, herbal medicine.....then I came across Louise Hay's work and was fascinated by the messages we receive from our bodies. Unfortunately, most of these signals go undetected.

Transiting Mars was hovering over my natal Saturn in December 2011, March (retrograde) and May (direct) 2012.  By the last hit, my cheeks were covered with acne.  My body had been attempting to communicate with me but I chose to ignore its signals by using my concealer to hide the mini explosions erupting on my face.  In the end, I consulted Louise Hay's, 'Heal Your Body', which is basically a mini dictionary of the hidden messages from our bodily symptoms, to see what my body is trying to say to me:

Skin - protects our individuality, a sense organ. 
Suggested affirmation: 'I feel safe to be me'

Skin problems - Anxiety, fear, old, buried guck.  I am being threatened.  
Suggested affirmation: 'I lovingly protect myself with thoughts of joy and peace.  The past is forgiven and forgotten.  I am free in this moment.'

Coincidentally, skin is ruled by Saturn (Capricorn).  How appropriate that my natal Saturn was triggered by a Mars transit (Mars/Aries rules acne).  This is yet another example of the ancient adage 'As above, so below; as within, so without'.  The Mars 'above' is symbolically represented as my acne 'below'.

Acne - Not accepting the self.  Dislike of the self.  
Suggested affirmation: 'I am a Divine expression of life.  I love and accept myself where I am right now.'

Fear and anxiety are related to Saturn.  In my chart, my 2nd house Saturn is associated with my self-esteem.  I was under the scrutiny of others and could feel the pressure building up.  I thought I had done enough internal work previously to withstand any criticisms heading my way, but evidently not.  For the sake of my face though, I decided to temporarily remove myself from the situation which caused me to be fearful and then plan my next stage of action once I'm healed.  I am not going to be hard on myself over this.  I've tried my best.  I decided to be gentle and kind to myself instead.

Being gentle and kind to ourselves is more important than you think.  How often do you find yourself say 'I'm so stupid' or 'I hate myself'?  Your cells in your body are responsive to your negative emotions.  Here is what Louise Hay has discovered in her research on cancer growth:

Tumour - nursing old hurts and shocks, building remorse.  
Suggested affirmation: 'I lovingly release the past and turn my attention to this new day.  All is well.'

Feeding yourself toxic thoughts and holding onto past hurt appear to be the culprit here. Tumours are associated with the astrological sign of Cancer (ruled by the Moon). Perhaps nurturing our bodies with emotional nourishment is the key, as is fully releasing the toxicity from our bodies.

I want to emphasise that I'm not shunning conventional medicine at all.  I still visit my GP when my elbow rash spreads uncontrollably.  However, once it is under control, I ask myself what exacerbated it in the first place and analyse it from a spiritual point of view. 

Each system is incomplete by itself. Different healing methods complement one another to form a comprehensive structure - not just for the physical body, but also for the mental and spiritual.  Unfortunately, once tumours are discovered in the physical body, using alternative therapies alone may not be enough to eradicate the problem.  Steve Jobs comes to mind.  I personally think that alternative therapies are for preventative measures and also as a last resort, i.e. when conventional medicine has given up on the patient.  

Siding with one and shunning the other is not conducive to the purpose of balancing the polarity. No man's an island; nothing works in isolation.  What's wrong with using both? There is definitely a place for both systems to exist in tandem in order to serve humankind harmoniously - if we are willing to be pragmatic and open-minded with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowing with the Full Moon in Scorpio 2024

 A powerful full moon occurs at 4 degrees Scorpio on 23rd April 2024 at 7:48am HK time (00:48 BST). The modern ruler of this full moon, Plut...