Thursday 27 March 2008

The Benefits of an Astrological Consultation

Some people are afraid of seeing an astrologer for fear of hearing bad news.

Modern astrology incorporates many psychological factors. Essentially, there isn't a 'bad' chart. It's all to do with understanding the different levels of energy dancing within a birthchart. Each zodiac sign has both positive and negative expressions, so through an astrological consultation, strengths can be further enhanced, and weaknesses can be worked on. By becoming aware of your innate energy pattern, your inner potentials can be utilised more effectively.

What I have personally found important (as an astrologer and also a client in the past) is that a consultation is a two-way process. Merely allowing the astrologer to impress you with his/her 'predictions' isn't productive at all. The key is to interact with the astrologer. It has been found that issues which could take up to 6 months to uncover under psychotherapy would only take a quarter of an hour within an astrological consultation (Noel Tyl's 'The Creative Astrologer'). Of course, if the client isn't willing to disclose, this wouldn't be possible. However, childhood wounds can be unleashed via a birthchart, an astrologer's job is to gently question the client about it. I feel that if the client is proactive in seeking the help of an astrologer, s/he is ready. To be on the safe side though, I would normally ask if there were any burning questions. This helps me to distinguish between clients who are merely curious (in which case I wouldn't openly explore possible past hurts) and clients who are suffering a reoccurring problem, e.g. a string of failed relationships, problems at work etc.

Yesterday, I met up with a dear friend of mine who was ready for an in-depth analysis. Here's her feedback:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for analysing my birth chart in depth for me... and your interpretations are right on! It makes me understand myself better and explains my own behaviours! Now that I know what my weakness is... I can now work on how to improve it. Hope you will continue to guide me through this process of self improvement! Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Flowing with the Full Moon in Scorpio 2024

 A powerful full moon occurs at 4 degrees Scorpio on 23rd April 2024 at 7:48am HK time (00:48 BST). The modern ruler of this full moon, Plut...