Thursday 7 May 2009

Technology: A Blessing or a Curse?

I often see many young people playing on their PSPs while travelling on public transports.  So engrossed in their cyber worlds that they are oblivious to their surroundings.  For solo travellers, I understand the need to pass the time with this handy device.  However, I  have also noticed young children travelling with their families being entertained by their electronic toys instead of passing the time by engaging in a conversation with their carers.

Don't get me wrong, modern technology has made many positive impacts on our standard of living.  Just last month, courtesy of Facebook, I was able to reunite with my primary school friends, whom I have lost complete touch with for the last decade and a half. Now, without technology, I probably would never see these people again.  So unlike those electronic devices, technology can also act as a bridge, linking people together through cyber space.  

Technology is a blessing when used appropriately, but it can equally turn into a nuisance when the user turns into an addict.  At the end of the day, it's a question of self-discipline.  I know I need to work on self-control when it comes to surfing the internet!  Funnily enough, I'm resisting the addiction cord-cutting technique with Archangel Michael and Raphael; perhaps I'm not quite ready to let this one go yet.  I wonder what I'm holding on to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowing with the Full Moon in Scorpio 2024

 A powerful full moon occurs at 4 degrees Scorpio on 23rd April 2024 at 7:48am HK time (00:48 BST). The modern ruler of this full moon, Plut...