Saturday 18 July 2009

Doors

I remember when I was still working in Japan, I would fly back to England once a year. I'm now reliving the same lifestyle - working in Hong Kong and flying back home for my annual break.

There is one big difference though.

Back in the days of jetting back and forth between Japan and England, I would feel attached to Japan while I was there and not wanting to leave, and vice versa for when I was back home. This changed in my final year when I had a sudden yearning to leave Japan and return home.

A few years on, I'm now flying between England and Hong Kong. One big difference is that I have family, relatives and in both places. What's more, when in Hong Kong, as much as I miss England, I do want to stay there, and now that I'm home, as much as I want to stay, I do want to return to the far east. I feel at home in both countries. If you ask me to choose, I wouldn't be able to.

Maybe a few more years down the line, my feelings will change, but for now, I want to go with the flow - the flow being what feels right at this moment in time. If something is meant to be, then doors will open for you to breeze through.

However, there are different types of doors - some are already wide open, so all you need to do is step through the threshold. Others are half-closed, ajar, closed or even locked. Thinking back, the door to Hong Kong was ajar to start with. The Universe nudged me to come face-to-face with it. I had to have the courage to walk up to it, push it wide open, then finally stepping through it. It wasn't a smooth ride though, there were times when I had the urge to run back out, but my intuition told me to stay put. I used positive affirmation, Angeltherapy, the Secret etc to help me through the tough times.

Life is a long journey, there will be challenges and obstacles in the way. Asking for help is a strength not a weakness. Light is always at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunar Eclipse in Libra 2024

A lunar eclipse is an extra powerful full moon.  During this time, keep your emotions under reins as eclipses have a way of ruffling up your...