Sunday 23 November 2014

Jim Carrey: You only have two choices - Love or Fear

I still remember back in the mid-90s, when I was still a teenager, I went to watch Dumb & Dumber with my best friend in the local cinema.  It was my first Jim Carrey movie.  What a crazy man!  I thought as I left the movie theatre.  To me, Carrey is an incredibly talented comedian.  And that impression stayed with me to this day, until I encountered the following video clip back in July:



I was taken aback from his poignant speech.  A quick glance at his birth chart and I discover his Sun, Venus, Mars in 3rd, with a Geminian Moon, Mercury conjunct the expansive Jupiter in the unconventional sign of Aquarius, all behind a mask of Scorpio.  His succinct articulation moved me to the core. Here are some of my favourite quotes (you can start at 10:22):

I'm the proof that you can ask the Universe for it.

You can fail at what you don't want so you might as well take a chance at doing what you love.

What do they need that your talent can provide?

Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world, don't let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through this form, risk being seen in all of your glory.  (my absolute favourite 15:58)


To find real peace, you have to let the armour go.

How tricky is this ego that it would tempt us with the promise of something that we already possess

Hope is a beggar, Hope walks through the fire, Faith leaps over it.

.....there are more, but I'll let you watch the clip yourselves....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowing with Moon in Leo

  I don't know about you, but for the past 2.5 days, while the moon was traversing in Cancer, it hadn't been easy for me personally....