Monday 15 February 2016

Saturn in Sagittarius: The more I learn, the less I know

Socrates succinctly describes my present feelings with his famous quote: 'The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know'

Back in 2012, when Neptune ingressed into Pisces, I blogged about its effect, especially that I have Mars, South Node and Sun in Pisces.  I was half dreading how that could manifest in reality, though my fellow astro pals were a lot more optimistic.  

Neptune conjunct my natal Mars came and went, pretty uneventfully, with only a feeling of lethargy.  I paid so much attention to Neptune that I totally neglected transiting Saturn in Scorpio sending a wonderful trine to my Mars.  No matter how listless I had felt, I could somehow muster up enough discipline to plough through each day.  

Four years on, Neptune is now hovering over my Mars/Sun midpoint.  The story has changed.  No longer do I have Saturn backing me up.  The trine is now a square, with Saturn ingressed into Sagittarius.  Sagittarius is too fun-loving for my earth-laden chart, but I guess that is the lesson for me - to restructure the way I work, to go with the flow and be a free spirit.  

With my psychological astrology background, I thought modern astrology is all that we need in this civilised day and age.  However, transiting Neptune oppose my Saturn is certainly dissolving my current boundaries as I soon discovered how much traditional astrology had to offer.  So with Jupiter transiting my 2nd house, I'm expanding my knowledge-base considerably.  However, it still leaves me with the feeling that as I'm learning more and more, I know less and less (Saturn transiting my 5th)!

I'll go with the flow and see where this Saturn-Neptune square will take my mutable planets.  But one thing for sure,  the Universe is forever throwing us signs and it's up to us to decipher its meanings encrypted within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowing with the Full Moon in Scorpio 2024

 A powerful full moon occurs at 4 degrees Scorpio on 23rd April 2024 at 7:48am HK time (00:48 BST). The modern ruler of this full moon, Plut...