Saturday 22 March 2008

My Encounter with EFT

Besides astrology, I'm open-minded to many other forms of New Age teachings. Last year, I discovered, serendipitously, a book on EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique. It's basically tapping a series of pressure points on your head and body in a particular sequence to release any blocked energy flow. It can be used to treat a myriad of physical and mental illnesses, from aches and pains to anxiety and depression, even stress, procrastination and addictions come under the list!

I decided to put it to the test.

Anger is something I sometimes have problems with managing. Under the instruction of the book, I recalled an incident when I was feeling angry and rated it on a scale of 10. I then began to tap - I have to admit, it's quite a long process but it did work - I didn't feel as angry after a few rounds of tapping, but the sequence was too inconvenient, involving some strange actions in addition to the tapping, e.g. humming to yourself and circling your eyeballs! It's not something that you can openly perform in public!

Then, a few months later, I attended a local Reiki group which also has EFT shares. There, I met Sejual, a calm and gifted Energy Medicine Practitioner. The tapping sequence that she uses is slightly different from the one I had encountered in the book. I guess it's like the different branches of yoga, reiki, tai chi etc, it's essentially from the same source but human beings like to add their own touch to it.

With this new tapping sequence, I decided to give EFT another chance. Since the age of 10, I had been allergic to prawns. It started with an itchy eyelid, then escalated to a full-blown facial rash, with red streaks on my body. The first time it happened was at school. I remember one girl came up to me before morning registration and asked, 'Maxine, have you changed your moisturiser?' No was the reply followed by a rush to the mirror. Staring back at me was someone who looked as if she had slept in a room full of bees and mosquitoes! On the way to the medical room, the headmistress caught sight of me and I saw her recoiled slightly at my grotesque appearance. I want to thank my best friend, who stayed with me the whole time and helped me wet paper towels and tissues to dab on my face. Miraculously, it disappeared an hour later. I went to see my GP to get an allergy test but he didn't even bother, he just said 'Stay away from prawns'. And I did - I never really liked prawns much but when I found out I couldn't eat them anymore, I began to crave for them! However, all I needed to do was recall the discomfort of my rash and I would be thoroughly put off!

The skin rash from eating prawns is the overt symptom. I have to discover the cause behind it and then tap the points to release this energy block. I was fine before the age of 10 so something must have happened to make my subconscious think it's not safe to eat prawns. It took me a while to uncover an incident when my grandma was peeling prawns, she said prawns need to be gutted and showed me the intestine (yuk!). I thought it might have been this that I thought it's unsafe to eat prawns - because if it's not gutted, you're eating its excrement as well! Now, I'm sure you'd be relatively healthy if you do consume it but a part of me must have felt repulsed by it and sent a signal to my head - eating prawns is gross - hence my gross appearance! So, I began to tap on that incident. I can't remember how long I was doing that for before I had the courage to put it to the test - perhaps it was a few weeks. But one day, I took the plunge and had prawns. I waited.... one hour passed, and then another - nothing! Wow, I thought, I'm cured! Or am I? Being Miss Cautious, I tried eating prawns another day but still no rash came.

I am pleased to say that I can now eat prawns without worries of looking scary! I have been deprived of it for the past 18 years, if it weren't for EFT, I'd still not have the pleasure of consuming them. I don't care what people say - that EFT is not scientific. Traditional medicine gave up on me but EFT didn't. So there!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful result you had, Maxine! It was lovely working with you and sensing the energy of your fabulous crystal cluster that you brought along. Blessings and love,

    ReplyDelete

Flowing with the Full Moon in Scorpio 2024

 A powerful full moon occurs at 4 degrees Scorpio on 23rd April 2024 at 7:48am HK time (00:48 BST). The modern ruler of this full moon, Plut...