Saturday 13 June 2009

Courage or Impatience?

Have you ever felt the urge to tell a friend, who has been complaining non-stop on the same problem, to snap out of it?

I've had my share of these people in my life.  Every time, though, I didn't have the guts, or heart I would like to think, to tell them to stop retelling their problems to me and instead, think of a plan to get out of the hell-hole.  Unfortunately, there are people out there who love to just complain and complain - I like that too, but not on a regular basis!  I like to get my moans out and then get on with life.  

I find these people quite draining.  At first, I thought it was my own problem for not being patient enough to assist my pals, but then one day, while travelling on the train, I overheard someone talking (loudly) on his mobile phone.  Basically, he was announcing, rather firmly, to the person on the other end to stop wasting time on discussing the same problem.  I wished I had his courage (or impatience!) to tell my acquaintances to stop going round in circles.  Having lived in Hong Kong for the past 10 months, perhaps I've accumulated enough blunt/bold/rudeness to be less considerate?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowing with Pluto retrograde 2024

Following on from my last post on the how to flow with moon in Pisces, I think I did so too nebulously and my focus definitely weakened as I...